ALEX THROUGH THE YEARS
JASON THROUGH THE YEARS
DIANE THROUGH THE YEARS
MICHAEL THROUGH THE YEARS
DAVID THROUGH THE YEARS
RICHARD THROUGH THE YEARS
LAUNCHERS THROUGH THE YEARS
Luck o’ the Launch.
One might say that over the years, LAUNCH has beaten the odds. Eighteen years ago, a few folks braved the great unknown, and took a chance to build an agency, but ended up starting a family. It’s one thing to have a successful business that has lasted—it’s another to say that LAUNCH has managed to find the best group of people to build an amazing culture.
As a dedication to some of those folks and to articulate how we’ve stood the test of time, I wanted to share something that was inspired by the evolution of our logo.
The following are links to 6 legacy LAUNCHERS who have aged through the years—much like a fine wine. Each animation represents the years, 2019, 2016 and 2012.
Please enjoy the evolution from what we look like now, to what we looked like years ago – fewer wrinkles and more hair which was a little less gray.
New Position: Creative Services Director
I’ve been with my current agency, LAUNCH, since it started in March 2003. I’ve had several different titles, including Graphic Designer, Mechanical Artist, Art Director and Associate Creative Director. Through the years, I’ve had lots of creative opportunities, won a few awards, made lots of friends and gained a bunch of experience.
I am now being challenged with the new position of Creative Services Director.
LAUNCH provides a dynamic, wide range of services to our clients centered on three core competencies: strategy, advertising and design. Their future growth depends on continuing to build and strengthen a creative, collaborative environment where these areas work together effectively and efficiently.
The Creative Services Director is key in building, managing and optimizing this environment.
This role requires a seasoned professional who understands the unique nature of an advertising agency, and what it takes to facilitate great work. The ideal person has a clear overall vision for the processes, protocols and tools required to achieve the above; is innovative, resourceful, proactive and solution-oriented; communicates effectively with partners and peers (and occasionally clients!) on activities that affect them and provides necessary information/training when required; establishes relevant measures/benchmarks to track progress on the above, and provides updates to partners/team as needed.
Here are my new responsibilities.
- Provide design support as needed to creative teams.
- Create/design new business materials as needed.
- Maintain/update client brand guidelines to stay current.
- Manage studio production artists and freelancers.
- Train new creative hires on studio process and file management.
- Work with agency staff to identify and suggest solutions on how to improve and maintain consistent processes, workflow systems and quality control methods.
- Oversee production quality control and assessment.
- Review studio/production time schedules and estimates where needed.
- Track usage, maintenance and needs of creative-related tech and equipment; computers, printers, scanners and digital cameras, etc.
- Maintain agency archiving, filing systems and server management.
- Research and recommend IT resources and maintain IT partner relationships
- Research and recommend in-studio content creation when/where it makes sense.
- Oversee in-studio digital photography and video production.
- Build relationships with creative resources and venders
- Help source/oversee outside print production as needed
- Keep abreast of current trends and research new technologies to help increase agency efficiencies
- Procure and track studio supplies – work with agency purchaser for all consumables.